This position is a partner position and based within a start-up environment and the compensation will initially be on a handsome equity basis. Upon launch, a monthly fee will be paid.
Domunus is a web-based application for private residential real estate. It resolves the tedious transaction process and provides an overdue platform for buyers, sellers, and transactional partners with an integrated marketplace.
We are looking for an experienced Data Architect/Engineer to join the technology department and to identify the necessary data models and construct to service these multiple connected stakeholders – with the mission is to build a stellar, best-in-class B2B2C platform.
Data Architect Engineer works with the CTO/CIO and full stack engineer and meets with Chief Product Officer and management and determines the best methods to gather the information required. Advanced education in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field is required, with many in the position holding a Master’s degree. Meticulous attention to detail, as well as the ability to understand abstract concepts, is essential to perform well in this role.
We are looking for a dedicated and ambitious senior person that is looking for a place to grow in our firm that is building the next disruption in the market place.
The company is located in New York and the position will be remote.
Responsibilities for Data Architect/Engineer
- Research and properly evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability
- Apply sampling techniques to effectively determine and define ideal categories to be questioned
- Compare and analyze provided statistical information to identify patterns, relationships and problems
- Define and utilize statistical methods to solve industry-specific problems and gaps in varying fields, such as economics and engineering
- Prepare detailed reports for management and other departments by analyzing and interpreting data
- Train assistants and other members of the team how to properly organize findings and read data collected
- Evaluate, select and design computer code using various languages to improve and update software and applications
- Refer to previous instances and findings to determine the ideal method for gathering data
- Produce conceptual, logical, and physical data model using industry standard tooling (i.e ERWIN) aligned with Industry Data Schemas and Dictionaries (RESO, MISMO) for MVP (PoC/PoT), and extended for additional unstructured and augmented data (valuation data, construction/building materials, zoning, drone, sensor, public records, taxation, etc) aligned with overall Technology Roadmap.
- Build, optimize/tune, and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
- Identify best/leading data integration solutions and architecture for MLS data with alternative data sets.
- Work with CIO and CTO, identify best fit and applicability for emerging technologies for analytics, and harnessing the power of data insights including Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Blockchain, IoT, and Quantum Computing.
- Work with third-party technology firm to review, adjust, and coordinate the technology development and optimization
- Proven 5+ years of work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field
Real Estate and/or Financial Services Industry Experience from a data schema (MLS, Mortgage, Public Records, CMA Valuation), taxonomy, and business transaction perspective desired
- Strong math and analytical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully
- Able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Experience working with private and sensitive personal and business information
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Strong computer skills and ability to use necessary databases and software
- Interpersonal and customer service skills are required when meeting with and interviewing potential clients
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in IDX, RETS
- Expertise with WordPress, API Governance and Management Tooling
- Expertise with Microservices and Web Services design and development
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com